Saturday, January 30, 2010

Forgetting

Some days, I forget how blessed I am.  Some days, it doesn't occur to me how blessed I am to be able to read and walk and see and smell.  Other days, I distance myself from the blessing of my healthy children and the love and provision from my dear husband.  I have learned (from the Bible Study I am participating in) over the last week that my general tendency is to turn irritation into tribulation.  I allow things like having to wait into something much more serious.  And the truth is, I don't need to!  Waiting for something or someone is not the same as suffering, and yet I am so prone to equate the two.   I am blessed beyond words, and there are days that I just forget that.

The weekends that our family is all home together are just the best.  We are a complete US and I love it.  I make due when we aren't all together (because I have to!), but it absolutely thrills me when we are all at the table eating together, or laughing together over a movie, or all in the van going somewhere, or the laundry basket is completely full.  These are moments that I cherish.

This afternoon, the big girls and I went over to the store "Justice" to spend their Christmas money.  It was a fun hour spent in the store trying on outfits and seeing the differences between the two of them.  Maddie got a cute shirt and a CD, Marky got 2 cute sweaters.  We went next door to Gymboree and found a couple of things for the little ones.  It was a fun, fun time.

Tomorrow is a church day - we haven't been to church together as a family in a long time.  It will be a blessing that I WON'T forget being there all together.    

No comments:

Post a Comment