Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Spilling my guts...sort of...

Isaiah 51:15
"For I am the Lord, your God, who stirs up the sea, causing its waves to roar. My name is the Lord Almight. And I have put My words in your mouth and hidden you safely within My hand. I set all the stars in space and established the earth. I am the One who says to Israel, 'You are Mine' ".



I haven't ever formally spoken about what God has done in my life over the past 8 years since my divorce. I haven't felt ready to talk about the journey I went on and am still on... until now. I was asked to speak at a MOPS group a couple of months ago. This is a group that has some people who are really struggling and hurting. I thought that they needed to hear someone talk about hope and about how He helps His children, and loves them through hard times. Then God said to me (well, sort of, you know how He does it...) "Yup, it's time for you to tell our story." And then He gave me this verse about Him putting His words into my mouth. So, now I HAVE to do it. Really it is the story about God, He just going to use me in it... tonight. So, if anyone wants to pray for me, that God would use His words coming from my lips, I would greatly appreciate it. I want to "be a mirror that brightly reflects the glory of the Lord. And as the Spirit of the Lord works within me, I would become more and more like Him and reflect His glory even more." (2 Cor. 3:18)

No comments:

Post a Comment