Thursday, April 23, 2009

Pain

Today I heard of 2 different stories of pain and suffering  At this moment, a set of parents is waiting in the ICU as one of their daughters fights to stay alive.  Earlier today, these parents said goodbye to their other daughter when she went to be with Jesus in heaven.  The 2 sisters were in a car accident.  The other story was from a mama telling of her baby boy, stillborn at 36 weeks.  Neither of these families are near and dear to me, they are just stories I encountered today. But the pain is so real to the storytellers, and they are suffering.  I am struggling tonight with these stories of pain.  This morning I read from Psalm 91:1-2 - "Those who live in the shelter of the Most High will find rest in the shadow of the Almighty.  This I declare of the Lord: He alone is my refuge, my place of safety; He is my God and I am trusting Him."  I still believe in what I read,  even though I wouldn't have a clue how to explain my belief to these hurting souls.  It is an unanswerable question, the one of "why do bad things happen to good people".  Someone much wiser than me would have to tackle that one.  The only thing I can offer is to humbly admit that"I don't know why", and also bravely proclaim "God loves you".  I put all of my trust in this.  I don't know what else there is.  Because my acquaintance to these stories is new and from a distant there is nothing more that I can do other than offer  prayers for them.  I believe that God is listening and He loves these people.  For my own burdened heart I will follow 

1 Peter 5:7 and "give all of my worries and cares to God, for He cares about what happens to me."
 

No comments:

Post a Comment