Tuesday, September 21, 2010

on faith

Today, I ran smack-dab into my heavenly Father, caring for me and loving me through His Word. 
Psalm 27 was the passage that I read,  thankful for these words written by a kindred heart so long ago.   Today was a day that I needed reassured.  Reminded.   Coddled.  The child-like ease of faith not so readily available.  A season of doubting has crept into my head, and I'm fighting like heck to keep my heart out of the battle.  I know Who I believe in, but sometimes knowledge and reality colide in the perfect storm of  treacherous questions and suffocating fear.  I'm so glad that God understands these fears and anxieties, tolerates my inability to accept His grace as readily as I did in yesteryear.  And so,  I pursue truth. I am chasing it down as one running towards the finish line, gaining ground with each pound of the shoe.  I am running with purpose and desire, ignoring my fatigue and half-filled glass attitudes.  I am plugging my ears to voices that intend to harm and maim, disable and accuse.  Linking up with fellow runners desperate to be encourged and cheered forward.  My journey has found me here.  Right here - good coupled with bad, happy conquering sad, stepping slowly in places where I used to sprint.  Just a season along my travels.  I don't intend to stay for long here.  My itinerary points towards more joyful surroundings.  Until then,  like the psalmist David, I say by faith...

"I am still confident of ths:
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord; Be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord."

     

No comments:

Post a Comment