Saturday, September 11, 2010

I'm lying in bed on fresly laundered sheets, dried in the fall breeze that graced the back yard this afternoon. Michael is right beside me, his steady breathing reminding me of when I rocked him to sleep as an infant and he would sigh deeply every few minutes. The girls are snugged in bed, 2 sharing a top bunk, the third in her own bed. It's been a great day. Parts of it felt like fall. We've played and laughed, watched a favorite movie, talked and texted. Lots of texting. We swam and read, ate lunch outside trying to hold on to the last shreds of summer. I got a much needed hair cut and spent some much needed time with a dear friend. The weekend is quickly vanishing. Only one more day to relax and chill without the pressure of "what's next". Right now, some sleep is the next thing on the agenda. So, I leave you with a Saturday night benediction that I heard sung on Lawrence Welk on many, many, happy Saturdays of my childhood, curlers in my long wet hair footed jammies covering my toes.

"Good Night, Sleep tight, and pleasant dreams to you.
Here's a wish and a prayer that every dream comes true
And now 'til we meet again
Adios, au revoir, auf wiedersehen
Good Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment