Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year

As most people are doing today, I've been thinking about the new year ahead. Over the past couple of days I had formed some thoughts about what I want the year 2010 to be like. Some words came to mind. Patience, discipline, flexibility, humility, and the biggie for me, ACCEPTANCE. This is where I am going to focus my energies and prayers this year. ACCEPTING what is. If I can find victorious living with this one area, the others will fall into place. ACCEPTANCE won't come without connection to the Lord. It will not happen without steadfast prayer, intentional obedience, and transformed thinking (Romans 12:1-2). But, as I walk each day, ACCEPTING what today is and brings, I know that I will turn the corner and run straight into contentment, the companion to ACCEPTANCE. Glory! Bring on the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment