Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Catching up

I can't believe that it's only been a week since I was a bloggy girl. SO much has happened that it seems like it's been much longer!!! We have enjoyed being with so many family members, played in the little bit of snow that we had, celebrated Christmas, celebrated Maddie's 8th birthday, celebrated my niece Kaitlyn's 12 birthday, cooked, baked, washed dishes, washed more dishes, listened to Daddy sing "5 gold rings"seven times (Uncle Lonnie was jealous that he missed getting a turn at that!), ate, ate, ate some more, attended 2 concerts starring Clara Oman (my sis-in-law), opened gifts, laughed, played games, oohed and ahhed at my parents new/old house, and many more things that I'm sure I am forgetting to mention. It was just the best Christmas ever. My favorite part of the season was that fact that all 4 of my kids were very involved in the celebration of Christmas. From Michael up to Marky, everyone knew why and what we were celebrating. Each day throughout December we would move the snowman to the next number on our "count down to Christmas" calendar. The kids kept track of who's turn it was, and they all were looking so forward to the 25th. I loved their anticipation and excitement every time they realized a new gift was under the tree, or they heard a familiar carol. We have 3 nativity sets up around the house and even Michael can identify who the "main" characters are. On Christmas eve, my dad read the true story of Christmas from the Bible. I think that is one of my favorite traditions, reading the story of Jesus' birth from Luke 2. For me, it's more than just the Christmas story, it's the story that is the foundation for my faith, that Jesus came to earth as a baby. I am so thankful that Jesus is a real part of my life all year long, and it has been especially wonderful to celebrate my Jesus with so many wonderful people whom I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment