Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Weekend recap... on Tuesday??

I thought I would take a minute and update my blog and share what the weekend brought us. From my last entry, you could tell that I was a lot disappointed about our night away being stolen from us by the vomit - monster. Meredith started getting sick on Thursday night (late) and continued through Friday morning. She tapered off and just laid around the rest of Friday. Our sweet babysitters Sarah and Jason came anyway and took care of the little ones while we went out to eat and to a movie. We went to a restaurant that we hadn't ever been to called "Mannos". We both had delicious food and sat near a large fireplace that was lit. Other than the 50 blaring televisions in the room, it was a very nice time. Then we went to a movie called "Firestorm". It was what my brother would call the ultimate "B" movie, but it had a great point to it. I didn't know what to expect, and I enjoy going to the movies, so it was alright with me! We were all pretty lazy on Saturday morning. It was very enjoyable to just hang out and do nothing. Saturday night, I went out with one of my long time girlfriends, Susan. We've been best buds for most of our lives. We had the best evening together. We went to an antique/thrift store and browsed for a couple of hours. Even the owner commented on how long we had been there! Then we went downtown and enjoyed the Christmas lights that are already hanging and we ate at a really nice place. We both tried a new spanish wine. Yummy. Sunday brought more resting for Meredith, playing with Michael's new car track that he and Daddy made, and waiting for the big girls to get home. I had a baby shower to go to, and then it was time to take everyone to church for kids choir. What a wonderful friend and family weekend it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment