Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Animal mishaps

We have them all the time at our house. Fish die, cats eat birds, cats eat fish, cats disappear, dogs run away, hamsters get toyed with, etc. etc. The latest was that our cat, Miley, got shut in Marky's room for about 10 hours last night. I didn't find her, or the mess that she made, until about 3:00 this afternoon. Fortunately for me, there wasn't any poopy or potty accidents - that would have been the WORST - but what I did find wasn't that great. Miley had knocked both hamster cages over dumping all of the food and water and yuck everywhere - it almost looked like she threw the cages off of the dresser. The hamsters were still alive, but turned on their heads. It took me about an hour to clean it all up. Prior to this, last week, one of the hamsters had gotten "let out" of it's cage, and was MIA for about a day... Molly (dog) found him and brought him downstairs to us. The poor hamster was playing possum on it's back, legs straight up in the air, soggy from it's ride in Molly's mouth. We all thought it was dead, but Michael got real close and said "His tummy is moving." I don't know what I would have done if the hamster had died. Oh my goodness, I am SO done with animal mishaps!!! What is a mama to do??

No comments:

Post a Comment