Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Saturday night




Marky and I (the mama) went and celebrated her birthday mother/daughter style on Saturday afternoon. First, we had pedicures; the sweet girls at the salon painted the prettiest flowers on Marky's toes and fingers. They are beautiful!! (and she didn't charge us!! they were a birthday present!) Next, we checked into our hotel - the Holiday Inn Express at Centerra. It was the coolest hotel with the coolest room. It had a set of bunkbeds in it's own room with it's own TV. Marky thought that was the most awesome thing!!! Then we decided to go to Target - Marky found a couple of "treasures" in the dollar section of Target - always a happy place to shop. Marky chose for us to eat at Chili's. It was quite the yummy meal. Before we went back to the hotel for some "girly time" we went to a store called "Justice". We had fun looking at the FUN accessories and clothes. SO much in one little store. She bought a T-shirt that had a logo about recycling on the front of it. I did some Christmas shopping!!! When we finally got back to the hotel, Marky was ready to swim. The swimming pool had a big water slide in it. She loved sliding and swimming (especially because she was by herself!). The water was SUPER cold - MUCH too cold for a chicken mama like me. BRRRRRR. Once she tired of that we went back to our room for some TV and talking. It was so much fun to be together with my sweet oldest daughter. It's hard for me to believe that she is 10 today. The year that she was born, my sister Renee gave me the Celine Dion Christmas Cd - (have you gotten it out yet this year, Renee???) The music always reminds me of when Marky was born. One of my favorite songs on the CD is "These are the Special Times". In fact, I wrote out the words to that song and put t hem in Marky's baby scrapbook. Well, this weekend was one of those special times. One of many more to come, I am hoping.

No comments:

Post a Comment