Monday, July 14, 2008

Did you know?????

When you get stung by a bee, you can put yellow mustard (yes, the hotdog kind!) on it and the mustard will make it stop stinging!! I couldn't believe it, but it worked. My friend Susan said that it worked for her once, and Maddie agreed because...

the poor little thing got stung by a yellow jacket at the pool today on her back. It got her twice! She cried VERY loud at first, but was then very brave. She has a pretty red spot on her back, but the mustard (and the grape popsicle!) helped. When we got home I put some hydrocortisone cream on it. with a cure all band - aid. This is her 4th sting - I can't believe they keep getting her.

By the way, just to make sure Susan was a truth teller :), I googled mustard and bee stings and sure enough... www.tipnut.com
had mustard as a standard for treating the sting.

No comments:

Post a Comment