Monday, July 14, 2008

Bucket List time


I've ALWAYS wanted to do a white- water raft trip; in fact it has been one of the things on my "list" to do before I die. BUT... I have been really afraid to do it. I don't know why... mostly because I didn't know how, but I was afraid of the water, of falling out of the raft, of hitting my head on something, of drowning. Well, on Saturday, I DID IT! Patrick and I went on a raft trip down in Buena Vista, CO on the Arkansas River in Brown's Canyon. It was SO much fun. I was really nervous (see above listed fears) as we were getting ready to get on the boat, and as we started out, but as the trip progressed I began to relax and enjoy myself. It helped to have Patrick with me, as well as a lady who sat beside me cracking jokes the whole time, and to top that off a very good guide named Sam. None of my fears came to pass, and even getting wet was welcome as my wet-suit and splash jacket had made me a little bit warm. The lunch that we ate was the best lunch I've ever had. We were pretty hungry as we were working really hard paddling. I was so happy that I finally did this. I told Patrick that I want to go again and again!!
He thought that sounded fine :).

The reason that we were gone from home was that we were celebrating our 5th anniversary. The 2 of us had a very nice time together. We relaxed and talked and ate good food and enjoyed being by ourselves. We were blessed to be able to leave Michael and Meredith with our sweet babysitter and friend Vicki - she is such a gift to our family. We would not have been able to go if it weren't for her. Marky and Maddie were gone for the weekend at their dad's house. So, all of this made our trip possible, and I am so glad. I really need to "get away". We camped at a really great campground called "Chalk Creek Campground". It was clean and had LOTS of amenities such as showers, ice, wood, clean toilets. We want to take the kids back because they would have enjoyed it a lot. It was right on the river and had a nice playground as well.

Both Patrick and I feel so blessed for what we have in our marriage and in our family. It hasn't come without the hard stuff, but our lives are overflowing with good things and we are thankful. On to year 6!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment