Tuesday, June 14, 2011

ahhhh... yes..... summer....

"but I don't WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANT noodles for supper!!!! "


"I don't WANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNT to go to the pool!!!"


"She is hurting my feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelings! "


I heard all of the above today.  Here we are, 2 full weeks into summer, and I just HAD to do something about the whining and the negative attitudes that were being thrown my way.  2 of my kids come by it rightly... it takes them a few hours to readjust to how "we do things" at home after they come home from their dad's house.  But the other 2 are fully immersed in the routine and even THEY were coming down with negativitis!!!   Sooooooooooooo... we hunkered down and took  3 hours this afternoon for everyone to get a hold of themselves in their own space (rooms) and in their own thoughts and after those 3 hours, you would have thought a DR. had come and given us all a dose of medicine.  I am always amazed at how some time away from the rest of the house and some time alone with your thoughts, ideas, dreams, or hobbies completely refreshes a soul.  When we were finished with our community quiet time I heard things like...


" I don't know , what do YOU think we should do?"  Or,

"Excuse me, mommy, but can I have a popsicle?"

It's refreshing for me to see that my children aren't hellions, just humans.  They have a breaking point, a boiling point where they can't take IT (sisters, brothers, mommys, rules, etc.) any more.  They need refreshed, renewed, revived.  We are all the same.  Today, I needed the quiet too.  such a GREAT thing!!!!!

I hope that you are all having a magnificent June!!!  Such a great month... I will share WHY exactly I think that in  the next post :)   Happy June to all!!  May you have a moment or two of refreshment each day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment