Friday, June 12, 2009

A shiner

My darling little Michael fell while he was in the childcare area at the health club tonight. He clonked himself smack dab in the middle of the forehead and has a pretty good size abrasion in the center of his sweet baby boy head. Right at first I didn't notice that his left eye had also been injured, but my friend pointed it out to me. Sure enough, it was swollen and reddening by the minute. He sobbed and sobbed on the way home, making the 6 blocks that we live away from the gym seem much farther away. "I JUST want PINK blankie" is what he kept saying. He was so distressed. So sad... He fell asleep straight away when we got home, and I laid him down in his bed. That was about 4 hours ago; I just checked on him and now his eye is pretty purple in color and very puffy and swollen. I woke him up a bit and he wasn't able to open his left eye at all. I would not be at all surprised if he gets up tomorrow with a shiner - a real, black and blue eye. This will be his first "major" injury as a little boy. It doesn't seem that serious, but I would bet he looks he got in someone's way when he wakes up in the morning. Sigh... Sleep tight, my little guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment